08 May What is SEO? Search Engine Optimisation Explained
What is SEO? Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Explained: How it works?
SEO is abbreviation for Search Engine Optimization. After the latest update of Google’s RANKBRAIN, SEO is also called as Search Experience Optimisation (SXO).
Search Engine optimization (SEO) is a digital method of optimising a single web page or website pages to increase/grow the visibility or ranking (in an organic way) search engine results page also called as SERP. By increasing the visibility of the website it indirectly contributes to organic traffic. This organic traffic is very much appreciated by all the search engines.
It is also the process of maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of search results. It is combination of good quality content, plus marketing the content with SEO and social media marketing.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Explained
Search Engine Optimization Techniques:
SEO involves using both creative techniques and technical elements to improve the website visibility, ranking, driving traffic and building brand awareness in search engines.
Search Engine Optimization is a key factor/player in digital marketing. It has become very important digital strategy for almost every company, without which it is difficult for any business to survive.
The right SEO is a game changing or even business changing which drives huge traffic to your website and converts those visitors into clients/customers.
- Patience and Commitment: SEO is a discipline it needs lot of effort, commitment and patience.
- Use SEO tools: Tools are the only way to measure your SEO Performance. Use tools like Google Analytics to measure your traffic, track your visitor location and even behavior. Google web master also called as Google search console is your dashboard to communicate with Google. The reason is because Google gives you its algorithm secrets and you need to effectively communicate with Google. It will monitor your backlinks, your website updates, and all the footprints your website leaves. So this is the right place to inform Google about the structure and content of your website.
- Make website mobile and user friendly: Google gives priority to content and user experience, so make sure your website is user friendly. This also involves right structure, right content and also good speed. It is always important to understand and place yourself in visitors shoes. So understand are you happy with the experience of your site.
- Use AdWords: AdWords may not improve your ranking but it has the capacity to place your website on the top of first page of search engine. This is a game changing tool because it gets your real customers to your business and you only pay per click (PPC).
- Keyword Research: This is a very important to start writing your content. Without keyword research you will be lost in the SEO process, because you don’t know exactly where to start. Google AdWords gives you keyword planner tool which gives you information about average monthly traffic for a particular keyword. This is the right place to start.
- Use Long Tail Keywords: Long Tail keywords are the fastest way to rank your website for the keywords. When a search query is typed at the end of the page search engines prompt us for keywords which are related to our search query. Use these keywords in your SEO process.
- Make good use of Google Business: Google wants to give highest preference to local businesses in that particular area. All the business needs to do is register the business in Google Business.
Starting a new Business! Do you know what to include in your business plan to market your business? Today’s marketing techniques is covered by majorly through online marketing.
In today’s competitive world of business, gaining customers and retaining customers is very important for any business. Those days are gone where customers come, through word of mouth. Today’s generation is all about web 2.0, where everything is on mobile devices, just a touch away. Today’s word of mouth is social media (like facebook, twitter, instagram, linkedIn etc).
Having virtual presence (website) is as important as having a physical office. Just having a website does not solve the problem; it needs to be recognized by the search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo etc). So Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is necessary to be present in the first page of Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.
This is just the beginning of marketing strategy. Then the strategy has to be formed according to business needs.
How to do Search Engine Optimization?
Search Engine Priorities or structure of a search engine: These small techniques will give your website SEO a huge impact and get immediate traffic.
Complex Search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing always give priorities to user search query. This means the first priority always comes to local businesses. That is the reason search engines have given a separate space for local SEO. This is a place which gives the result in the particular area which user is requesting or user is present based on the IP address of their device. Google always keep track of the devices every moment using phone Google maps or even internet connection IP address of the computer. In this way Google gives accurate information based on the location of the user. So it is very important for every business to register their business address in Google Business.
Website design/Mobile friendly website:
Search engines love websites which are mobile friendly and their design which are user friendly. Do not complicate your website with too much elements. All the search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing are asking for a website which is easily readable by web crawlers, users and should be mobile friendly. That is the reason Google always prompts us to upload the site map of the website so that it can understand the structure of the website.
So all the business owners if your website is outdated, please get your websites updated or redesigned.
Content Writing: Content is Key, do not miss this
Content is the major player in the algorithm of the search engines. So always write content which is relevant to your business, your services/products. If your website content tells exactly about your services/products you serve your customers then search engine will automatically gives the visibility to your website according to the category.
Note: Make sure your content is simple and of high quality, do not write content because you have to fill the page.
Meta Title and Meta Description:
This is the important part of your page; this is a place where the title of the page is given. Please restrict your title of the page to 50 characters. This is the first thing the search engine reads, so give accurate information about the page. Please do not give wrong information because search engines are smart enough to detect the page content.
This is the summary of the web page. This is the second thing which search engine reads. Restrict the summary of the page count to 150 characters.
Search Consoles/Web master Tools:
Once the website is optimized, the search engines are asking you to submit your site to web crawlers. Google Search Console also called as Google web master tool is a free tool provided by Google to submit the website. The Google web crawler directly collects your website details from search console. Here is the place where Google audits the website, so here is the exact place where you can identify your website errors. This is the place where Google differentiate your paid traffic from organic traffic. It also shows your page keywords ranking in search engines.
Google Search Console also provides you with Link Analysis which consists of external links and internal links and any links which got penalized by Google.
Search Engine Analytics:
The search engine asks you to place a piece of tracking code into your website so that they can track your website and each page. They give you the analytics of the page visitors, session time, bounce rate, location of the website visitors and even the behavior of the website visitors that are performing on your website. This behavior tells the administrator of the website to convert the visitors to customers.
If these 6 important steps are followed by any website owner or administrator, then they will surely be able to increase their website visibility in the search engines and grow organic traffic.
But this process is just basic steps to be followed. SEO agency like Think tank Digital Optimizers follow a detailed process and cover each and every tiny aspect of White Hat SEO.